Anxiety is a very common feeling in the fast world we live in; anxiety is the most common mental disorder in America (1).
Life events, genetics, brain chemistry, and hormones can all cause anxiety.
Healthy eating, a good night’s sleep, and exercise will help decrease anxiety, but learning to switch your thought process is a key element to peace.
Affirmations for anxiety can stop negative feelings and quickly help you move to a happier place.
Remember, life is all about perceptions, and your happiness depends on your view of the world.
“Life is all about perception. Positive versus negative. Whichever you choose will affect and more than likely reflect your outcomes.” – Sonya Teclai
What are affirmations?
A positive mental attitude supported with affirmations can help you achieve success in anything! In addition, affirmations to reduce anxiety can bring you peace.
For affirmations to be effective, they need to be repeated in the present tense, positive, personal, and specific.
How to ease anxiety with affirmations
First, take a couple of deep breaths, inhale and exhale, listen to the sound of your breath. Now, you are ready to repeat your affirmations.
Affirmations for Anxiety
- I choose to be at peace.
- I choose to feel calm,
- Today, no person, place, or thing can irritate me. I choose to be in peace.-Louise Hay
- Peace is a natural state of mind.
- Peace and love are my divine rights.
- The more peaceful I am inside, the more peace I have to share with others -Louis Hay
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- I am ok.
Nothing lasts forever
- This discomfort is temporary.
- This anxiety will pass too.
- I am learning to relax, soon the anxiety will pass.
Everything is well in my world
- Everything is well in my world.
- All is well in my world. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation, only good will come. I am safe. -Louis Hay
- Life loves me -Louis Hay
- My life is perfect as it is.
- I live in the paradise of my own creation -Louis Hay
- In the infinitive of life where I am, all is perfect, whole, and complete -Louis Hay
- I am in harmony with life.
- I now live in limitless love, light, and joy.
- I cannot control what happens, but I can make the best choices for myself.
- I am in charge of how I feel, and today I choose to feel happy- I am-Daily Affirmations.
- It is only a thought, and a thought can be changed. -Louis Hay
- I claim my power and move beyond all limitations. -Louis Hay
- I choose to continue on a positive path, and things will continue to get better- I am-Daily Affirmations.
- Taking care of myself makes me feel great.
- I choose to be happy right now.
- I forgive myself and set myself free. -Louis Hay
- I forgive everyone in my past for all the wrongs. I release them with love -Louis Hay
- I forgive myself for not being perfect -Louis Hay
- The past is over -Louis Hay
- I release all negative thoughts of the past and all worries about the future. -Louis Hay
- I let go of what I cannot change.
- I accept the natural ups and downs of life.
- Anxiety is normal and will pass.
- I am ok, no matter what happens.
- I trust the process of life. -Louis Hay
- I welcome miracles into my life. -Louis Hay
Pair affirmations with breathing
- As I inhale, I am bringing beautiful energy into my life. As I exhale, negative energy goes away.
- I inhale the good and exhale the bad.
- I am stopping, I am breathing, I am balancing, I am at peace.
Positive affirmations apps
When we live a fast-paced life, we often have underlying anxiety, but we don’t even think about stopping to take a breath or say an affirmation.
This is where apps work well. If you allow, apps will send you notifications throughout the day. I love them!
Here 5 of the top-rated apps:
You are unique and have your own real or perceived problems. It is easy to create your own affirmations by following these steps:
- Choose a negative thought that creates anxiety for you. Next, write the positive thought that counteracts the negative thought.
- Make your affirmations short so they are easier to remember
- Start your affirmations with “I” or “My”
- Affirmations should be in the present tense
- Make sure affirmations are positive statements
Last, I have to say that sometimes positive thinking can be too much, so it is important to be real.
It is perfectly human to be anxious, upset, or angry some moments and some days. It is not natural for most people to be happy all the time, despite what you see on social media!
So give yourself a break, which can actually help you move forward faster.
You got this!
Dr. Su-Nui Escobar is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist in Miami, FL. She is passionate about helping women over 40 live their best lives through healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle. Su-Nui is a doctor in clinical nutrition, able to translate complicated evidence-based science into practical advice. Su-Nui’s charisma and warmth have made her a frequent guest on Hispanic popular morning television shows.